Bioclear is an evolution in traditional bonding procedures. It is the latest, most progressive esthetic restoration technique for situations that before could only best be corrected with porcelain veneers.
The Problem with Traditional Bonding
The traditional way to apply composite bonding to teeth has not changed since its introduction to dentistry. Traditional bonding hand layers the filling material directly onto your tooth. The result is a restoration that looks good at the time it is placed. However, over time the tiny gaps and voids that are introduced by hand spackling the material in place lead to breakdown and failure of the composite filling material.
Bondings tend to stain, discolor, lose their shine, become rough, and even pop off.
HOW BIOCLEAR WORKS
Bioclear provides a more affordable option to traditional veneers while achieving a result superior to traditional dental bondings. The bioclear method uses special anatomic forms with an injection-molded technique that essentially shrink wraps your tooth in a monolithic layer of composite. The result is a beautiful, long-lasting restoration that is solid, strong, smooth, and stain-resistant.
Bioclear can be used to:
- Fill in gaps at the gumline. “Black triangles”
- Repair the edges of chipped teeth
- Replace worn out, discolored bondings on front teeth
- Create beautifully shaped teeth out of small, irregularly shaped front teeth.
- Fix traumatic injuries to front teeth
- Rejuvenate the biting edges of worn teeth
- Close gaps or spaces between front teeth